An enthusiastic IT professional with experience in engineering, administration and support of complex networks. With extensive knowledge in implementation, analysis, optimisation, troubleshooting and monitoring of LAN/WAN networks. Experience in leading and motivating the team to assure the job gets done.
I am now looking for a new and challenging position as network engineer where I can apply all my existing skills and experience.
Advanced Diploma in Network Security
TAFE Meadowbank – Cisco Network Academy, 2012
Bachelor of Science – double major in Graphic Design and Product Design
University of the State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1996
Certificate IV in Multimedia – IT
TAFE – Crows Nest Campus, Sydney, 2001
I have at times worked as a full time employee as well as a freelancer contractor and consultant.
January 2013 - Present
Working as a contractor, I played a key role supporting the rollout of the retail network of over 800 sites using Cisco routers and switches. All retail sites are being upgraded from Argent dial up to ADSL/BDSL/Frame-Relay as the main link and 3G as backup link.
I am also working as System Administrator managing computers and user accounts in Active Directory in the Retail Back Office System domain (RBOS)
My duties include:
- From Head Office, support onsite technicians during the upgrade and troubleshooting routing/switching issues.
- Provisioning WAN and LAN routes on Telstra Portal (MPLS VPN cloud).
- Creating configurations releases with changes, manly on firewalls, to allow new applications to communicate to servers in the data centre and business partners.
- Applying this changes on a template generator to create router and switch configuration for all sites
- Creating and managing usernames using Tivoli Identity Manager
- Responsible for troubleshooting account issues in Active Directory Users and Computers
- Responsible for the running reports and deploying applications on all POS computers using ITCM from Computer Associates
- Supporting routers and switches after the network upgrade
- Monitoring link utilization with Scrutinizer and MRTG
- Pre-staging router, switch and Back Office Computer before sending to site
I was also responsible for:
- Designing, implementing and documenting multiple NAT overload (PAT). One NAT to allow bank transactions from retail sites to go through F5 firewall on the core of the network, another to communicate with Woolworths network for fuel discount, and the last NAT to allow confidential messages from head office to sites about price changes and sales. This was required when Caltex had to change all pinpads to be compliant with Australian standards for security.
- Improving the QoS using policy-map
- Improving the fail over to 3G on BDSL sites using IP SLA
- Creating frame-relay router and switch configuration for remote sites
TAFE NSW – North sydney institute
Computer Support Officer (CSO)
June 2012 - January 2013
Initially at North Sydney College, I then was transferred to Meadowbank College to support the Cisco Academy, all desktops laptops and the network infrastructure.
My duties included:
- Manage incidents using Remedy. Resolving incidents remotely when possible.
- Re-image or deploy software using Altiris
- Troubleshoot issues with servers, desktop, laptops and printers
- Troubleshoot account issues in Active Directory
- Troubleshoot client VPN access using Cisco VPN Client or SSL VPN over the TAFE portal
Department of Education and Training
Technology Support Officer (TSO)
July 2009 - June 2012
I initially started at Sydney Secondary College - Blackwattle Bay Campus, in December 2009 I moved to Pittwater High then in June 2010 went To Manly Selective. In charge of supporting around 430 laptops, but also helping the system administrator with a network of 150 desktops and 3 servers.
My duties included:
- Monitoring the wireless APs, wireless controller (Arruba), router (Cisco 2821) the head-end switch (HP Procurve 5406zl) and another 5 layer 2 switches.
- Level 1/2 support to a fleet of 430 laptops running Windows 7 Enterprise.
- Logging incidents using Remedy and escalating when I can’t or have no privileges to resolve.
- Rollout of laptops every year to year 9 students
- Managing the laptop fleet – Allocating devices to students. Liasing with suppliers to fix broken devices. Stocktake every year
- Re-imaging laptops every year to a new SOE.
October 2007 - July 2009
I designed, implemented and documented a wired and wireless network as they re-arranged and expanded the office to another level in the building. I connected 32 desktops and 5 laptops wirelessly.
IT support / customer service/ Graphic Designer
August 2005 - October 2007
This centre was managed by the Head Office Kwik Kopy Australia and was used for training new Kwik Kopy owners on how to operate the business and I was in charge of teaching these new owners on how to use the production, printing and sales softwares as well as how to do daily backups, archiving of artwork for quick, and basics of pre-press.
I had to be a versatile professional and work in many different areas of the business, from liasing with the sales team to looking after their Windows network.
Kwik Kopy Chatswood
IT support/ Production Manager / Graphic Designer
December 2001 - August 2005
I started as Graphic Designer and in two years became the Network administrator, supporting the desktops as well as the server and printers
For over a year I was also their production manager, not only designing, but also overseeing all the production process from start to finish supervising all the steps, liasing with clients and suppliers, making sure deadlines are met and briefing guidelines are achieved, as well as excellent results.
I was also responsible for the implementation of an e-commerce system where clients can produce their own stationery based on templates available on-line on the company’s website, increasing speed in production and decreasing work volume.